Tuesday, March 3, 2009

too fast

Bay is growing up entirely too fast. He is already 9 months old. It is amazing how fast little ones grow. Jeff is always saying how excited he is that Bay is getting bigger but as a mother It makes me sad because I know he will never be the little infant or baby again, but instead a precious little boy. He recently discovered our refrigerator, a new place to explore.
My mom was recently in town for the weekend and part of this week. Can I just say that moms are the best! We had such a wonderful time together.

While she was here we cooked some of the best food I have ever had. We made this pulled pork salad like they serve at this restaurant called cafe rio it was sooo good. This photo is of the masterpiece before we dug in.
We also went to Archivers the scrapbook store and did a little shopping. But the majority of the time we just cooked amazing food and just visited with each other. I wish so badly that she was closer so we could get together more often. I am grateful though for the time that we do get to spend together it is so nice being just a short flight away.

2 comments:

Annie. said...

Too fast, I'll say! I can't BELIEVE how big he's getting! And so cute!

Moms ARE the best. I am so glad you guys had so much fun together. Now, you all need to come visit me in a few months and we'll have lots of fun all together as girls because I won't have to be at school/work all day like I normally am every time someone comes to visit!

Your salads look AMAZING. I have got to try that recipe! Was it easy? Email it to me!

cheryl said...

Boy, it was a good recipe, wasn't it? It was fun being there without any things tugging at my time and just being able to play with Bay and trying some new recipes was so much fun! I wish all of you lived closer so we could make this a weekly event! Give that little guy some extra hugs from Grandma.