Tuesday, May 1, 2012

BBQ with the Calhouns

The first friend that I made when I moved to Idaho after Jeff and I got married was my friend Paige. She used to live in the next town over called Star until last spring when she married George. Right before the wedding she sold her house and moved her things out to George's place in Kuna. I was sad that she was moving out there but happy that she had found a great guy that makes her happy and treats her well. The other day Bay asked me about Paige out of the blue and asked why we hadn't gone to her house and seen her and her cat. I explained that she had moved and was living with George in Kuna. He proceeded to ask me to call her and leave her a message and see if we could come and visit her. I text her Bays request and we decided it had been too long and we needed to get together. It just so happened that we were both free over the weekend so we loaded up the kids into the car and took a little drive to the farm in Kuna. Bay was so excited to see the horses, the new baby calf Jenz, and Alan the duck. I was just excited to catch up and visit Paige and see her and George's place.
I am glad Jeff snapped this picture of Paige and I with the kids before we left. It turned out nice.
George showing Bay that Winston is a nice gentle horse.
Bay finally decided he would be brave and touch Winston.
Bay was hesitant to sit on Winston at first until George picked him up and sat him down on his bareback and George told him to hold onto his mane.
Alan the duck would be more appropriately be named Aylana seeing as how Alan is actually a female that was sitting on 15 unfertilized eggs. She was mighty protective of those eggs. George let Bay feed Alan some corn. As you can see Bay loved feeding the duck.
hard to believe that calf is about 2 months old huh? Angus cows are thick cows. We had a nice visit and Paige and George. We had amazing hamburgers which we found out were made from Elk. Had they not told us I would have never known. They had great flavor and tasted really lean. I would eat them again for sure,in fact they were so good it made me want Jeff to go hunting and get us our own meat.

No comments: