Thursday, May 21, 2009

the big move

Can I just say that I hate moving. There is way too much prep involved and never enough time to do it all! We have been trying not to become idle while waiting on our carpet to arrive and be installed.
This is what our garage look like as of yesterday. It's so nice to be so organized!
Here is another view of the shelving that we bought, I really like it...thanks again Costco! Jeff has been putting together shelving and taking trailer loads over to the duplex all week as I have been watching the kids. As I was writing this post Jeff called me to tell me that our carpet is on back order until the first week or two of June. Lovely huh? I guess that gives us a green light to get all of our things moved this next week which in some ways will be nice to not just play the waiting game forever.

On another note the gardening is coming along as well. As Jeff was putting boxes away I carried Bay around on my back as I weeded the area between our planter boxes as well as one of the boxes. All I need is a bit of soil and we are ready to plant two of our boxes! I cannot wait to have a garden this year and be able to actually enjoy it the whole summer!
I was also super excited to see that our rubarb came back from the dead and is doing well...perhaps after the 4th of July and I am done with my workouts we can indulge and make a small pie! Yum!

1 comment:

Annie. said...

The garage looks great! I love the shelves! We need to get something like that. How much did it cost you - do you mind me asking?

Yay for rhubarb pie! The BEST summer treat! Oh, and perhaps I shouldn't tempt you because you've been SO GOOD with your workouts (you're my idol!) but there is a vanilla ice cream that Dreyer's makes that is yogurt-based, and it's really really tasty. The best part: it's fat free. But it doesn't taste like it!